Prescription: “a dose of nature” Better health care by recieving a nature-prescription. It affirms that to be truly healthy and whole, we need to live with the conscious awareness that we are connected with all of life. Ecotherapy has ancient roots in indigenous peoples’s knowledge of the healing powers of nature and practices of honoring […]
1/2 x Ripe banana mashed
1 x Scoop vanilla protein powder (Happyway Vegan Vanilla)
1 tsp x Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs x Pure maple syrup
3/4 cup x Oat Flour
1/3 cup x Water
1/2 tsp x Baking powder
Optional Toppings: Fruit, Yoghurt, Maple Syrup
In a bowl combine the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
In a non-stick fry pan, cook the pancakes over a low heat until you see bubbles start popping and the pancake is golden in colour.
Top with your favourites and enjoy 🙂
This snack is a great source of fibre and protein. The recipe below makes approximately 8 regular sized cookies. The ingredients listed can be substituted to suit your liking, I have listed some substitutes below that I have found to work well.
- 1 1/2 cup x rolled or quick oats (rolled oats will add more texture)
- 3 Tbs x Wholemeal plain flour or Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1/2 tsp x Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp x Cinnamon powder
- 1 x small/medium banana mashed
- 2 Tbs x Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil (Melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 tsp x Vanilla essence
- 2 Tbs x Pure Maple Syrup, Honey, Agave Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup x Raisins, Blueberries or Nuts
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius or 350 F
- Mix wet ingredients together and then stir in the dry ingredients
- Line a baking tray and spoon mixture, flatten with a fork or shape with hands (make them as small or large as you like)
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden (be mindful baking time will vary slightly depending on cookie size)
- Cool cookies and store in ait-tight container up to a week
- Enjoy 🙂
*Protein Powder Recommendation – Happy Way Vegan Vanilla Protein
- 2 x Salmon fillets with skin
- 1 Tbsp Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Tsp of finely grated ginger
- 1 Tsp crushed garlic
- 2 Cups of cooked brown rice
- 1/2 Cup of currants
- 1 x Medium red capsicum finely diced
- 3 x Spring onions finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Tamari
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- Himalayan pink salt
- 2 – 3 Bok Choy Leaves quartered
- Rub rice brain oil and good pinch of salt on the salmon fillets and heat a frypan over a medium to high heat.
- Add salmon skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crisp and then turn and cook for another 4-5 minutes or to your liking.
- In another pan, place ginger, garlic, capsicum and spring onions for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat and add cooked rice, tamari, rice malt syrup, sesame oil, good pinch of salt and stir together for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the currants and remove from pan.
- Lastly, place buk choy in pan over a medium heat until bright green and slightly wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!
I recently started experimenting with natural health and beauty products as an alternative to mainstream products. I am someone who has suffered with breakouts for much longer than I should have, I actually used to believe that if I ever wanted to get the results I wanted I would need to buy products that were top of the range with the most active grade chemicals. However, as persistent as I was, I wasn’t responding well to the chemicals I was using on my skin. Not only was this costing me a small fortune, I was losing hope that I would ever be able to maintain my skin and mitigate my breakouts.
I recently opted for natural products as part of my every day regime, such as using a charcoal and tea tree oil facial soap as my daily cleanser. To my surprise, this significantly improved my skin. It was then that I started looking at more natural alternatives, which brings me to my newly found favourite, the nutrient dense bentonite clay. Claimed to be the strongest of all of the detoxifying clays and rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, silica, potassium and iron. This clay has a wide range of use that can be used externally and internally.
The grey/cream coloured powder is formed after volcanic ash has weathered in the presence of water. The way it works is that it is negatively charged which is then activated by hydration, it is in this form that it acts as a magnet, binding toxins, pesticides and free radicals to it so it can be eliminated from the body.
Below are a few different ways your hair, skin and body can start benefiting from the clay today.
Tip – Mix bentonite clay with wooden utensils rather than metal due to the reaction the clay has on metal as mentioned above.
DETOXIFYING CLAY BATH
Great for days you feel just plain “blah”. It can also help alleviate symptoms such as fatigue, stress, brain fog, digestive issues, acne and eczema.
- 1-3 cups of bentonite clay
- A few drops of essential oils optional
Soak, enjoy & hydrate afterwards!
This mask removes toxins from your pores and reduces inflammation. The clay also helps in lightening acne marks!!
- 2 Tablespoons of Clay
- 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar or Rose Water
Mix, apply and wash off when dry.
This mask aids hair growth by providing your hair with essential minerals, and remove build-up and dandruff on your scalp.
- 3/4 cup clay
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water or brewed herbal tea
- (optional) 1 tablespoon almond oil, avocado oil or coconut oil
- (optional) 2 drops of essential oils (lavendar and rosemary encourages hair growth)
Leave mask in for 20 minutes and rinse out with warm water.
INTERNAL SUPPLEMENT (Ensure the product is food grade before consuming)
Consuming the clay can relieve digestive issues, boost probiotics and boost energy.
- 1 Tablespoon on an empty stomach
- Small amount of juice or room temperature water
Block your nose, imagine you are not drinking dirt and continue on with your day.
Tried and tested products below.
Earths Purities Bentonite Clay is 100% Australian Volcanic Clay and is approved for consumption.
Now Solutions Bentonite Clay Powder is suitable for external use only, with a lower price tag than the product above.